Monday, April 4, 2011

Little Dumpling Tag Card

The birth of our first granddaughter and the end of January inspired this Baby Dumpling tag card. First, we gather our tools and supplies.

Tools

ð        Crop-A-Dile (3/16” hole)
ð        Craft Sponge
ð        Martha Stewart Scoreboard
ð        2 Fiskars tearing rulers
ð        Corner Rounder
ð        Zutter Round-It-All

Supplies

ð        Recollections Adhesive Dots
ð        Recollections Valentine’s Pink cardstock (5 ½” x 2 ¾”)
ð        Green Cardstock (2 ½” x 3 12”)
ð        Recollections Adhesive Tape
ð        Prismacolor Pencils:
o   Blush Pink (PC 928)
o   Pink (PC 929)
o   Process Red (PC 994)
o   Light Peach (PC 927)
o   Black (PC 935)
o   Cream (PC 914)
o   Yellow Ochre (PC 942)
o   Burnt Ochre (PC 943)
o   Dark Brown (PC 946)
o   Sienna Brown (PC 945)
o   Light Cerulean Blue (PC 904)
o   Cool Grey (PC 1066)
o   Indigo Blue (PC 901)
ð        One piece of double-sided printed cardstock. Mine came from a K&Company Studio K Double-Sided Scrapbook pad.
ð        CTMH Hollyhock Exclusive Inks Pad (Z2128)
ð        SparkleNSprinkle Snow White flocking power

I start this project by printing out my favorite Baby Dumpling characters and accessories from Digital Delights by Louby Lou. In my case, I printed out Little Dumpling, Little Dumpling Accessories, Little Dumpling in Bunny Slippers and Little Dumpling Pram. I set the width at 2 ½” and let the height adjust itself to the width.

Next, I took my printed cardstock and I scored it at 6 inches both horizontally and vertically. After the cardstock was scored, I folded the scored piece until it measured 6” x 12” folded. I then folded one side of the cardstock to the middle and repeated the same on the other so I had four equal panels. I set the folded cardstock aside and returned to my Baby Dumpling images.




Using my Prismacolor pencils, I laid in the colors below and blended them using a baby-oil soaked felt square and a blending stump. Once the tip of the blending stump is wet, blend the colors you’ve laid in by gently rubbing your oil-filled stump in a circular motion on the colors you wanted blended. Lay in your colors and blend using the images below. I started with I started with Dumpling Bear.

Once all the coloring and blended were finished, I took my liquid glass and added drops of liquid glass on the bottom of the pram and in the highlights of the eyes. With a Zig 2-way glue pen, I colored the slippers and then sprinkled flocking powder on the bunny slippers. I also cut the colored bow for all three Little Dumplings and adhered each with a glue dot. After they dried, I trimmed each piece of art to its smallest size without damaging the picture. I set them aside to prepare the tags.
I cut four (4) 5 ½” x 2 ¾” pieces of pink cardstock, punched a 3/16” hole in the top center of each with my Crop-a-dile and rounded the top corners with my Zutter Round-It-All. Then I cut four (4) 2 ½” x 3 ½: green squares and rounded all four corners. Finally, using a craft sponge, I inked the tag, rectangle and card edges with CTMH Hollyhock inks.
To finish the card, I glued the Dumpling characters ¼” from the bottom of each card panel. Then, using my Fiskars tearing rulers, I tore the edges until I was happy with the effect. Because Dumpling in Pram is so much shorter than the others, I folded a portion of the front cardstock over and glued it to just the top of the pram art.
With double-sided, red 1/8” tape, secure the two outside folds to the card, leaving the inside folds open Next, I embellished with pink faux pearls on the fold over piece, the pram wheels, and the bunny pajamas. I attached ribbon from my stash and glued one 1 ¼” x 2 ¾” inch picture of my practically perfect grandbaby girl to each tag. Now I have to send it to my mother-in-law in Springfield, Oregon. But that’s okay. I can always make another one!
Thanks for stopping by!
Diane

4 comments:

  1. This is so adorable....I love it.....thank you for the tutorial.....awesome coloring...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome tutorial. Your colouring is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much. I appreciate your encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for the tatorial, so adorable!!! so love your work

    ReplyDelete