Monday, March 28, 2011

Gift Card Tote


Hello friends. Thank you for taking the time to stop by for another Tutorial Tuesday. It's Beth Norman here with a gift card tote for you and your loved one. There are many ways you can decorate your tote. My tutorial shows a basic tote, and my photo above shows a more detailed tote. For this tote I made bows and placed them at the bottom of my ribbon. The designer paper on the top of the tote can be added before you add your handles. Just measure out the size to fit the tote and whalaa, you have DP on your tote. Next, I added bric brac to separate the DP from the main colour. The possibilities are endless.


Isn't Birthday Pippin perfect for this gift card tote? Birthday Pippin was colored with my new Copics. This is the second time I picked up a Copic markers.


Supplies: 12" x 12" cardstock, double-sided tape, adhesive, bone folder ribbon, horizontal/slit or small circle punch, scissors, digital image from Digital Delights.


Score one side at 1".


Score the opposite side at 1" as well.


With double-sided tape, adhere the scored paper towards the center of your cardstock.


Rotate your cardstock so that the longest end runs from top to bottom. Score at 3 1/2" and 8 1/2".

Fold score lines and close the cardstock as shown.


Turn cardstock so that the longest side runs from left to right. Score at 4 3/4", 5" and 5 1/4".


Fold at each score and use your bone folder to make distinct creases. Your cardstock should bend/crease like the above photo.



Use your punch to place holes where you would like to add your ribbon. There are several ways you can do to keep your ribbon inside of your tote: 1) tape the ribbon on the inside, 2) knot the inside of the ribbon once the ribbon is inside your tote.


Decorate your tote as you would like to.


This tote was decorated with the cute little Pippin the Mouse and Happy Birthday Circular Sentiment, but you could use any image and sentiment you would like.

I hope you enjoyed my tutorial, and that this tutorial intrigued you enough to try it out.



Pippin says to stick around for tutorials every Tuesday and Saturday.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks sooo very much for a great tutorial again Beth. Your work just always rocks and I love it. I also just love this little cutie, you´ve used here, I have to admit he he he and your coloring is just sooo perfect.
    Have a wonderful day everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Beth! What an adorable gift tote...you've just outdone yourself!! I love Pippin, and you've colored him beautifully! TFS!
    Hugs,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tutorial Beth! I LOVE your Pippin! xxxx

    ReplyDelete