Monday, February 28, 2011

Shaving Cream Technique

Hi, it's Beth Norman here with another tutorial for you. Easter is not too far away. If you are like me, I rush around trying to get my cards done for an event or occasion, so this year I'm starting my Easter cards early.

I have the Shaving Cream Technique to show you. Doesn't the background look like a pretty Easter Egg? There are so many possibilities with this technique. Have fun!

Easter Egg Briley is anxious for Easter to arrive too.



Supplies: Foam shaving cream, re-inkers or alcohol inks, glossy cardstock, popsicle stick, tin foil.

Lay out a piece of tin foil. Spray foam shaving cream onto tin foil. Use a popsicle stick to spread the shaving cream around. Spread the shaving cream in a large area so the cardstock edges will be completely covered.

Drip re-inkers, or Adirondack alcohol inks, onto shaving cream in a random manner.

Create yummy-looking swirls with your popsicle stick.

Place your glossy cardstock into the shaving cream. Pat down, making sure the outer edge is pressed into the shaving cream as well as the center.
Lift cardstock off of shaving cream. Use a popsicle stick to scrap away the shaving cream.

Once shaving cream has completely dried, wipe off with a paper towel.


Example of different backgrounds.

Thanks for stopping by
Hugs
Beth

3 comments:

  1. Wow Beth this is so cool.. I really want to give this a try. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I would never have thought to do something like that. It looks great. TFS

    Chris.Pickul@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool technique! I'll bet the card smells good too :)
    Thank you for sharing this awesome tutorial!
    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete