Monday, January 31, 2011

Criss Cross Card tutorial by Beth



















Hello stampers. Today I make my debut with Digital Delights and with you. I hope you enjoy my tutorials which comes around every 2nd Monday.

To get things rolling, I have a criss cross card for you. This darling little girl is just waiting to be loved. Her name is Valentine Bonnie and she is on sale. Bonnie coordinates so well with the Happy Valentine sentiment.

My image was layers with Nestabilities and coloured with Prismacolor pencil crayons and odorless mineral spirits. Designer Paper is Yellow Bicycle.

I hope you enjoy this tutorial as much I had fun putting my first project with you together!

* * *

Here you can see a close up of the inside of the card














You will need two pieces of 4 1/4 x 11 inch cardstock. Score each at 5 1/2"














Cut on a diagonal from the center top to the center bottom.














Cut on a diagonal from the center top to the center bottom.














Your cut cardstock will now look like this.













Fold the cardstock over as shown in the photo.












Place the sticky back onto the back of the other piece of cardstock as shown in the photo.












You will need two pieces of designer paper at 3 1/4 x 5 inch. Cut each piece on a diagonal so that the designer paper is right side up on each side.














Adhere the designer paper to the card front as shown.












Fold flaps over to create a cross cross card.














Attached border (3 3/4 x 5 1/4 inch mat) to the smaller mat (3 1/2 x 4 3/4)
















Cut a 1 1/2" x 12" band and score at 5 5/8" x 1 1/4"














Glue the small strip. Wrap around the card and attached the strip to the other end of the band.














Finished Card













5 comments:

  1. Fantastic work Beth:) Will have to try this one out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply adorable, Beth! Great tutorial, and I love the fold!
    Hugs,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beth, Wonderful card. I'm going to have to try this one. Thanks for sharing the card with us.
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome. I'm going to try this. :)
    Thanks for sharing your talent.
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is awesome, Beth! I can't wait to give it a whirl! Thanks so much for showing us this fabulous fold! :)
    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete