Friday, September 24, 2010

Saturday Tutorial - Halloween gift bag

Hello fellow crafters!

I missed you all last week, hope you are all doing well :)

This week, I have a rather simple project for you, 
but the technique will allow you to create giftbags to 
any size you need...


You need:
- a digital stamp printed and colored as you wish
(I am using "Scary Pumpkin")
- a sheet of coordinated or contrasting cardstock
-embellishments to your taste

First, I decided on the size of my digital stamp.
I made it 4.5 x 4 "

The way this little bag woks is fairly easy...
very little calculation to be done,
just follow this simple equation:

Countour of box
(2x width) + (2x depth) + 1" = lengt you need
Bottom
(contour box width) x 3"

So mine has a width of 4.5" and I made it 1" deep
so
(2x 4.5") + (2x 1") + 1" = 12" for the box
and 
4.5" x 3" for the bottom
So I scored my piece of 12" at 1", 5.5", 6.5", 11"
Height is optional, I made mine at 6"
The bottom part is scored at 1" and 2" (on the 3" side)

Using double sided sticky tape, attach the bottom flap to 
the contour of the box (see picture)

Then you place the sticky strips to close your bag
like shown here: (one to the side and one to the bottom)

your box should now look like this and is ready to be decorated

You can make a ribbon handle or a paper one
and decorate to suit your needs or the occasion :)

This is really easy and quick to make and
that formula will allow you to adapt it to any size!

Happy Crafting!

1 comment:

  1. Great tut Nathalie. Fantastic that you can make all different sizes too:)

    ReplyDelete