Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Tutorial Tuesday - Fancy Fold Double Card

Good Morning All,

Today I will share with you a very simple Fancy Fold Double Card...... I have used Lili the Skunk



Ok, lets get our essential tools together:


To create this double opening card you will need:

  • Lili Skunk & Sentiments
  • 2 pieces of cardstock - 1 - 8.5" x 4.25" and  1 - 8" x 3"
  • Pretty patterned papers - 2 - 2.75" x 4" and 1 - 5.25" x 4"  and 1- 4" x 2.75"
  • Scoring board & bone
  • Double sided sticky tape & 3d foam pads
  • Embellishments to finish - I've used flowers & glitter glue
First we need to cut our two main pieces of cardstock, I've gone for pink but colours are totally up to you!


1 - 8.5" x 4.25" and  1 - 8" x 3"

Now we can score our cardstock to create our basic card shape:


We need to score the largest card at 5.5" and the smaller at 4" and then fold to create two cards, larger one folding left to right and the smaller is left to right.

Now we can add our backing patterned paper to the inside of the larger card:


And the same for the small card but we also add our patterned paper to the front of the card:


So we should now have this:


Now we are ready to stick the smaller card onto the larger card as shown below:

  

Add our last piece of patterned paper to the left font side to the larger card and we have the basic card is now complete:


Now we can cut out and ink our sentiment for inside our card:



Now onto cutting and colouring Lili, I've used Le Plume II waterpens:



Next we can stick Lili on the front of our card using d foam pads:


Now to hold the folds in place I've used some small circular Velcro pads, but you can use ribbon and bow or an embellishment on the left side to hold as a closure, up to you!


Finally we can add some replenishments and glitter and we are done!




Hugs Jo xxx


6 comments:

  1. What an original fold for your card Jo! I havent seen this one before, and I love it, so much possibilities with that! Thanks for sharing it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. super cute !! love the colors! very happy card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another fabulous tut Jo!! Luv the fold!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this!!!..I need to make one of these cards to share with my scrappy friends..You will get credit of course!! I'll send them here so they can see how you did it!!.great tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job Jo, I love to see this fold card again.Sometimes we forget the other types of cards and get stuck with the useal kind of cards.
    Love it. :)) Thanks for sharing.

    Hugs Rosalien

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there this is so so so fab as soon as I saw it I just had to make & now its finished. I thoroughly enjoyed making it. I wud love it if you have the time to look at it. Thanks for a fantastic easy to follow tutorial, its excellent. Take care

    Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete