Saturday, July 24, 2010

Saturday Tutorial - Coloring your paper flowers with alcohol based markers

Morning all fellow crafters!

I have mentionned a few times that I do color the paper 
flowers on most of my cards for them to be customized for 
each project I make. I did receive a few requests on how to 
do this and this is what today's tutorial will be about: 

"How to color your paper flowers with alcohol based markers"

I will ask you to forgive me for the video is my first one
and english is not my first language...
but that being said, I hope you will enjoy it and
if you have any question, do not hesitate to write
in the comments :)




Then you can add them to your projects and they will fit every time!

Make sure to be back on Tuesday for DeNetra's Tutorial :)
Happy crafting!

9 comments:

  1. That was fabulous. A great technique, well taught. Thanks Nathalie.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was very very helpful to me ! great tip about how using water would take away your texture i would not have thought about that.
    wonderful video...nice to hear your sweet voice.

    do you think that you can blend copics with the 95% alcohol and paint prush when you are coloring an image ?? kinda like using the colorless blender ??
    and where did you get those flowers...? i can only find them online based in the UK.
    my email:
    denetrasc@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic Nathalie! Not only a great tut but fantastic job on the video too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a wonderful tutorial! I totally love the idea! Now I just need to find the flowers! Thanks for the ideas!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi ladies, thanks for the comments glad you liked it! I buy my flowers mostly online, my major sources being in USA and UK or I do make my own also, depending of the time I have available... but that will be another tutorial! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. DeNetra, yes the alcool works too for blending when coloring with the copics, but it spreads a tad more than the actual Copic "0" solution... have a play, you will see you can get some lovely efects :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful video! Thank you for sharing this great technique. I can't wait to try it out.

    Can you clarify where you get your flowers? My email is shestamps11-blogs@yahoo.com

    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super video and thank you. Mine never look good after trying to color them, but I didn't use the brush. Awesome tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great video! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete