Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Make a Splash Shadow Box

I love making a scene, do you??? No, not THAT kind of a scene, but a scene with stamped images!! Digital Delights is absolutely PERFECT for making scenes!

I used the brand-spanking new digital available at the shop now, under Sea Life and Mammals and made a shadow box.

Items used:
~Shadow box bought at a dollar store
~Digital Delights images printed off
~Coloring materials
~Stickles
~Real seashells
~Foam pop-dots of different  thicknesses
~Glue
~Scissors

Here are the images I printed off. I didn't use all of them, but I printed some off in different sizes to play around with them before deciding what images to actually use.


Here is the shadow box.
This is the background image that I used. I took the paper piece from the shadow box and used it as a template for the background image. Then I trimmed it on the top and bottom. I made the sides a WEE bit bigger than the template as I wanted it to "curve" or curl around on the sides.
Then came the really fun part, coloring and embellishing my images! Once I had the background colored, I "painted" it all over with a coating of Stickles glitter.

Here are the colored images I chose to use in my shadow box.

Then the background was placed in the shadow box, and some real seashells glued on the bottom.
The images were all glittered and placed in the shadow box using  the foam pop-dots.
The seahorse and the "Make A Splash" logo were pop-dotted onto the framework and glittered as well.
Cute little gift idea, isn't it!

Thanks for looking!
Deanne Burton

1 comment: