Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easel Cards are EASY to Make!

I've seen them now for a while on many crafter's blogs and up until a couple of weeks ago, I was actually scared (Why I don't know?) to even try one.I thought, "Naaaa too much fooling around for me!" But it's NOT!!!!


Here's a very simple approach to easel cards!

You will need
~a Digital Delights image to fancy up the front of your card!
~something to color in your image
~2 sheets of 8 1/2 X 11 cardstock (they don't even have to be the same color but as long as they match what you're doing, it's fine!)
~trimmer
~a couple of brads or buttons
~adhesive
~items to create your card like patterned paper, ribbon, inks, whatever you need!

1. Take one sheet of cardstock and cut it on the 5 1/2 mark.

You will end up with a piece of paper 5 1/2 X 11.

2. Fold that piece in half. This is the easel part of the card.


3.Then take ONE side and fold it in half again, leaving a nice crease in it.

4. Take the other sheet and cut a square 51/2 X 5 1/2.
5. Glue this square to the front of the card like this-
6. Now you are ready to "fancy" it up! Place a couple of brads or buttons to make the easel part of the card stand up. And have fun creating your easel card! See my pic at the top.

I created a silhouette of my Digital Delights image by cutting out the two images the same time. The silhouette cardstock was scrap left over from making my easel card.
I used a small piece of 2 sided tape to adhere them so they weren't slipping around and making it hard to cut out.
This is what it looked like after it was cut. I used distressing ink after around the edges but you don't have to do that.It's optional.
This is my card closed up! What a cutie that Nesbitt is!!! Don't you think!
Thanks for taking a look at my tutorial. Enjoy making your own easel card!

Deanne

4 comments:

  1. Very cool idea with the layered background of the digi.
    What a fun idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I luv it Deanne!! Easel cards are lovely and great idea for shadow too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea! My very next cut out I will be trying this!

    ReplyDelete