I wanted to STITCH something this week and was first thinking about a baby quilt! I still may do that, but I started with something simpler this week!
~printer fabric sheets
~paint, paintbrush (optional)
~velcro (or a button)
~Digital Delights image (for this project I used Libby Ladybug)
1.This is the printer fabric sheet.
2. Using my print program and regular sheets, I played with the position of the image until I got it in the right place I wanted it.
3. Then I printed it out on the printer fabric sheet.
4. My printer sheet had a layer of plastic on it so I tore that off (as the instructions said), and placed the fabric sheet in the embroidersy hoop. (It was too big, but I couldn't find my smaller one, so I HAD to use this one!) Using my needle and threads, I began to stitch it.
5. Here's what it looked like after it was all stitched. (except for the dots). If you are not going to paint it, you can fill in the dots with thread.
6. I then painted the image. (this is optional, as you can just leave it stitched, and it looks just fine like that too!)
Here's what it looked like with the black painted in.
7. Once the image was all painted, I waited for it to dry. I folded the fabric to form the purse shape. (like an envelope!)Then I used a blanket stitch to stitch up the sides. I folded the top corners of the flap and then stitched all up around that as well.
8. I added velcro so it would close nicely. Instead of velcro, you could add a button and make a button hole and blanket stitch around the button hole.
Here's a Libby Ladybug up close and personal!!! hehe!
*click on any image to see a larger view.
Your purse could be used for coupons, receipts, cheques, photos, and some of you may even have some money you could put in there ( I know I DON'T!!!)!!! Hehe!!!
What other things could you use it for? Have any ideas? Leave us a comment and tell us!
Also, I'd like to do another stitching project for my next tutorial. Have any ideas for that?? I have some in mind, but I'd love to see your ideas. I won't attempt the baby blanket just yet (although I could get a headstart and start stitching some blocks! Hmmm......
Leave a comment here and I'll choose a random winner to receive this purse! How's that!