Monday, January 11, 2010

Desk Organizer

Hey, just wanted to let you know I am no longer a red-head! I'm a blonde again!!! hehe!


Here's my tutorial for you today!

Desk Organizer

You will need:
1 sheet of 12 x 12 heavy cardstock. Double-sided makes the box cute!!
1 sheet of coordinating paper.Again double-sided is good because you can use both patterns!
Scor-Pal (of something to do scoring with)
36 matching Eyelets and Eyelet Setter (OR a sewing machine!)
Hole Punch
*A Crop-o-dile will set eyelets AND punch holes!
Paper Trimmer
Scissors
Ribbon or Twill
Flowers
Brads
Adhesive
4 Digital Delights digital images (less than 3 1/2 X 3 1/2)

1.Score one piece of your 12x12 paper on 4" and 8" and then turn it and score it again on 4" and 8".This will give you 9 squares.





2. Cut the other piece into blocks of 3 3/4 X 3 3/4. You will need 8 of them.



3. Arrange these squares in the centres of the outside squares of your scored sheet of paper. Add eyelets to each corner. Now, I said in the supplies list to have eyelets OR a sewing machine. If you LOVE sewing, then you can sew each of these pieces down to the paper and make it look like a quilt! Nice touch! I would have done that but my silly sewing machine is not being very cooperative the last week or so. Bad, bad,bad! The important thing with this step is to have the squares attached WELL to your big piece of paper or else the corners will stick off.You don't want that to happen!!



4. Once this is complete, then fold the corners diagonally like this: If you want you can turn it over and fold again, making the fold line more prominent as you will need to use these foldlines in the step 6.



5. Punch a hole in each corner about 1/2" to 1 " in. (Phooey, didn't get a pic of that step.Sorry)

6. Turn you paper over so that the inside of the box is on the top. Take the corners opposite each other and bring them together. You will have to manipulate the paper some to get it to fold together nicely.



7.Take your ribbon or twill and put it through the holes and tie together in a knot.Trim the ribbon.



8. Do the same for the other corners. Tie and knot them together.It will look like this:



Here's what it will look like from the top.



9. Color your 4 Digital Delights images.



10. Embellish with flowers at the top of the box and add your 4 colored images to the outside squares. Here's what it will look like. All ready to add some pens, pencils and markers!!!



Here are the other 3 images I colored.





I got curious and wondered if this box would work on a smaller scale, and guess what! It did!!!
Here's a box done using a 6 x 6 piece and scored at 2" and 4" on each side.




I cut coordinating pieces that were 1 3/4 x 1 3/4 and followed the same steps as I did for the bigger one. It looked like this:



Here's what it looks like compared to the bigger one.I think it's so cute to make for party treats!!! Hey, you could even add a handle!!! Make an Easter basket! Wow! Hmmmm!


Hope you enjoy. Think of the possibilities you could use this little (or big) box could have! If you think of others, let us know in the comments. And, of course, if you try it, you MUST tell us where to go see it! Ya know, we wanna see it!!

Deanne

7 comments:

  1. Very Cool tutorial, Deanne! Thank you so much! I LOVE your hair!!! The color is fab and so is the style! Really shows off your pretty blue eyes! :)
    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! that is so pretty!
    I'll be getting my pack of doublesized card-stock out again this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Deanne, this is just too cute! What a wonderful idea! What a fun gift for new scrappers and stampers! I love it. I also like the new you! Isn't it funny how a new color can change your attitude! I think it's fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabby Deanne!! I luv it!! Now if you want to send it to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome job Deanne! You give the BEST tutorials of anyone I know! And I think the new 'do looks good on you!

    ReplyDelete