Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Mini Pizza Box Tutorial

I made a mini pizza box and filled it with 4 little cards.
For this project I used:
~3 sheets of red cardstock (8 1/2 X 11)
~scraps of patterned paper
~buttons and twine for embellishments
~Scor-Pal
~paper trimmer
~double-sided tape

1.With an 8 1/2 X 11 sheet of red cardstock, I trimmed it to 6 X 11.
2.With the Scor-Pal I scored the 1 "and 5 " on the short side.3. Then I turned the paper and scored it on 1", 5",6" and 10".
4. On the 11" side I cut the score lines just down to the perpendicular lines.
It looked like this when done cutting.
5. On the flaps I put a piece of double-sided tape and taped the box together. Put together, it looked like this.Then I started on the cards to put in the box!

1.I used 2 sheets of cardstock for the cards. I cut each sheet to 8 X 11. 2. Then I cut strips that were 8 X 3 3/4 and folded them. I got 2 per sheet with a little strip of cardstock left over. Into the scrapbox it went!This is what they looked like.3. I chose 4 images and 4 sentiments from DIGITAL DELIGHTS delightful Christmas images. I also choose one for the top of the mini pizza box. I adjusted them to a size that will fit my cards and printed them off.4. I trimmed the images.
5.With scraps of patterned paper, I decided on the layout of my cards but didn't glue them down. I colored the images and I finished the cards off with inking around the edges and a few buttons.

I finished off the box and then placed the cards inside.
Here they are all completed...



Enjoy! Let us know if you try one for yourself! We'd LOVE to see it!!!

Deanne Burton

10 comments:

  1. Hi Deanne,
    Lovely idea for a set of Christmas Cards.

    Hugs
    Dawnxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. My gosh, Deanne! You have been busy!! Fantastic tutorial and cards! Pics are perfect to show the pizza box as being something anyone can do! Super job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Tutorial Deanne! Nice gift idea too!
    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fantastic Deanne!! I will have to try this!! I am also on the lookout for this to fit 6 x 6 cards, anyone know the measurements!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are lovely. And that box looks nice and simple.

    ReplyDelete
  6. another great idea!! great job

    ReplyDelete
  7. A fab tutorial, thanks for such clear instructions.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Deanne, these are so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Darned sweet! TY for the great tutorial- as I always say, I can tell you are a teacher! Excellent job Deanne! TYFS... :o)-Ali

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey U thats awesome tutorial & I love the cards especially the JOY one aaha. I may try this when i can shut the sewing machine off, Keep it coming

    ReplyDelete